BOOZY SECRET SERVICE BOLLOXED JFK DEATH?
WERE SECRET SERVICE AGENTS TOO HUNG OVER TO PROTECT JFK?
Were Secret Service agents too hungover to protect JFK? Questions raised over whether late drinking session affected response of men charged with protecting President
- The Warren Commission took issue with the conduct of several agents who had been out late the night before and were accused of drinking
- One agent admitted to being out until 5 a.m
- According to Earl Warren, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, agents overlooked the barrel of a gun that witnesses claimed they saw in the Texas School Books Depository and reacted slowly to the gunshots
- The owner of the Cellar, a late-night hangout in Fort Worth, later admitted to seeing agents 'giggling' in the bar at 3:30 a.m.
- The manager claimed the agents were getting 'bombed' on grain alcohol
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
THIS IS THE FIRST OF THEM ALL RECENTLY; WHERE IT ALL STARTED- MENTIONS MY BOOK-